Salina Family Chiropractic is committed to providing patients with the highest quality care. We are inspired to serve people to reach their true health potential.
At Salina Family Chiropractic we use adjustment techniques that are individualized to the person and condition. We offer traditional manual adjustments as well a low-force/gentle techniques. Our Chiropractic Care is safe for pregnancy, infants, children, and adults of all ages.
When we have a loss of curve in the cervical spine, we have tension on our spinal cord, which interferes with our life force(nervous system). As you can see in these x-rays we have a positive postural change. Normal curve should be 35 degrees. We know this clients nervous system is functioning at a higher level.
Click the buttons below to display details
1) The Palmer Package – is a variety of cooperative techniques that include:
Diversified: First, an analysis of your spine is performed. With the malposition of one or more spinal bones identified, a specific manual thrust is administered, based on experience, practice and a thorough understanding of spinal mechanics.
Thompson: This technique is both a system of chiropractic analysis and a way to minimize the amount of energy needed to adjust the spine using a special table with drop-away sections.
Gonstead: A small heat sensing instrument and full spine X-rays may be used to reveal subluxation patterns in the spine.
Toggle Recoil: While you are in a completely relaxed state, usually lying on your side, a high-speed, low-force thrust is delivered to the upper bones of your spine and the hands are quickly withdrawn. This allows the body to use the energy as it sees fit to “reset” the spinal joints.
2) Impulse/Activator – This method uses a small, hand-held instrument to deliver a gentle impulse force to the spine with the goal of restoring motion to the targeted spinal vertebra or joint. It is an alternative to the traditional manual form of spinal manipulation.
3) Flexion Distraction – Is specific to the disc. This technique helps relieve pain by dropping intradiscal pressure, widening the spinal canal foraminal area, reducing pressure on the spinal nerves and returning motion to the spinal joints.
5) Graston – Myofacical techniques to remove scar tissue that is preventing the healing process. The Graston technique is a deep tissue treatment which utilizes a specially designed instrument that helps to remodel scar tissue and adhesions. Many chronic pain syndromes are related to scar tissue and adhesions forming in muscles that reduces the normal elasticity or flexibility of muscles and increases the risk of imbalances or asymmetries forming. Many athletes use the Graston technique to recover from old injuries that didn’t heal properly.
6) The Webster Technique – The Webster technique is a gentle and specific chiropractic analysis and diversified adjustment for women during pregnancy. The goal of the adjustment is to reduce the effects of sacral subluxation or SI joint dysfunction. In so doing neuro-biomechanical function in the pelvis is improved. This methodology can help to prevent or reduce back pain during pregnancy and has been used to help encourage repositioning of babies which are in a breech presentation.Learn more about the webster technique.
7) Logan Basic Technique – Logan Basic is one of the lowest-force adjustive techniques. Logan Basic Technique is a system of body mechanics with special emphasis on pelvic and spinal distortions and the subluxations that affect spinal structures. Logan Basic Technique is a light force, full-spine adjusting procedure highlighting the correction of spinal and pelvic pathobiomechanics, which has been found to be very beneficial for women during all stages of pregnancy.
8) Certified by ICPA (International Chiropractic Pediatrics Association) for CACCP (Certified by the Academy Council of Chiropractic Pediatrics) – The rigorous, 200 hour curriculum offers techniques and protocols of care for children and pregnant women. The 15 module course covers levels of training and expertise additional to what is offered in chiropractic colleges. Those Doctors who have completed the hours of study are examined in the practical application of the course academics, technique and case management.
MYK (MyoKinesthetic System)
MYK is a global assessment that detects compensations within the nervous system. These compensations appear as postural abnormalities and may result in physical impairment. The goal is to evaluate and treat the cause of the posture imbalances to thereby alleviate the associated symptoms and more importantly to restore health. MYK focuses on the nervous system while working on the muscular system.
Nutritional Muscle Testing
We use a System Strength Analysis (SSA) to assess the energized state of the body, organs, glands and systems without having to penetrate the skin or use invasive techniques. The information provided from this analysis allows us to identify areas of the body that may require cleansing, strengthening or repair. There are many ways to strengthen weakened areas of the body including exercise and nutritional support. Many patients experience rapid recovery or improvement in their primary symptoms after addressing the weakened areas of the body.
Footlevelers Pelvic Stabilizers (Orthodic Insert)
For Custom Made Spinal Pelvic Stabilizers (Orthodic Insert), and cervical support pillows. Footlevelers offers comfort and support in everything you do. For more information please click the Footlevelers Logo.
The Five Red Flags – A simple 30-second exam to find out if problems in the back, hips, legs, and knees are actually coming from problems in the feet.
- Foot flare during gait
- Internal knee rotation
- Bowed Achilles tendon
- Low medial arches
- Excessive shoe wear
A patient who wears Stabilizers had this to say: “I just got your Stabilizers from my chiropractor and they are the greatest things! I have tried other custom orthotics and Foot Levelers are hands down the best!” -Doug E.
Simply the best supplements made. Stop guessing with your supplements. Discover your true unique needs and stop wasting money on supplements you don’t need. Find out what your body is truly craving. Restore the body’s Health and Balance utilizing Nutritional Healing to uncover the cellular component to ultimate health.